There are very few people who can resist a decadent slice of cheesecake. But a traditional slice can have over 18 grams of fat and weigh in at over 500 calories.
But no worries! This recipe captures all the desserts creamy goodness – with only half the fat and calories! Plus, this recipe allows you to get creative by adding your choice of toppings for additional flavors, such as raspberries, strawberries, cherries…even lemon (for lemon cheesecake, add a teaspoon of lemon extract and 1/4 cup of finely grated lemon zest, and top the cake with lemon peel shavings for decoration).
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
– 9 whole low-fat cinnamon graham crackers, broken in half
– 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
– Cooking spray–
– 2 8-ounce packages Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
– 2 8-ounce packages fat-free cream cheese, softened
– 1 1/2 cups sugar
– 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
– 2 large eggs plus 3 egg whites
– 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest–
Assorted toppings, such as strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or cherries
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Pulse the graham crackers in a food processor until crumbled. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water and the butter; pulse until moistened. Wrap the outside of a 9-inch springform pan with foil to prevent leaks. Coat the inside of the pan with cooking spray and press the crumbs onto the bottom. Bake until browned, about 8 minutes. Let cool, about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, beat both cream cheeses and the sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until smooth, 5 minutes, then beat in the sour cream on low. Lightly whisk the 3 egg whites in a bowl, then add to the cheese mixture along with the 2 whole eggs, flour, vanilla and lemon zest. Beat on medium speed until fluffy, 3 minutes. Pour over the crust.