Roasted Potatoes With Blue Cheese
Baby potatoes come in a variety of colors, including blue, yellow, and red, each one a good source of potassium and vitamin C. All are perfectly suited to becoming a tantalizing side dish when topped with this combination of blue cheese and walnuts.
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook time:35-40 minutes
– 1 pound thin-skinned baby potatoes, halved
– 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
– 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
– 1/8 tsp salt
– 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (MUFA)
– 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
– 2 scallions, thinly sliced–
1. Preheat the oven to 425Â°F. Coat a 9″ baking dish with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Place the potatoes in the prepared dish and toss with the oil, pepper, and salt. Turn cut side down in the pan. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes or until very tender and lightly golden on the underside.
2. Meanwhile, put the walnuts in a small baking pan or skillet and place in the oven to toast for 6 to 8 minutes. Tip into a bowl and let cool. Add the blue cheese and scallions and crumble with your fingers.
3. When the potatoes are done, turn them over and sprinkle evenly with the walnut mixture. Bake for 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
242 calories, 8 g protein, 21 g carbohydrates, 15 g fat, 4 g saturated fat*, 11 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 3 g fiber