What, Where & How: Your 10-Step Plan To Eating Healthy
There are a lot of healthy foods that can help you lose the weight you want and keep it off. Here are the ten simple healthy eating habits:
1. What to eat – No magic food causes weight loss and no food is inherently fattening. Eat a variety of foods from meat, legumes, dairy, grains, fruits, vegetables and small amount of fat daily.
Celebrate great health! LIKE us on Facebook!
Vegetables and fruits are a great source of vitamins and minerals. Carbohydrates in fruits, milk, grains and legumes will give you quick energy for the first 2 hours while protein in milk, meat and legumes will keep you satisfied for 4 hours. The fat in meat and milk as well as fat added to foods will keep you satisfied for 6 hours.
2. Where to eat – Eliminate eating in the car, bus, train, walking, standing or on the phone. Make time to eat meals and snacks by sitting down at a table. People that eat on the go tend to eat more and more of the wrong things. It’s just like the age-old saying, “if you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.”
3. When to eat – Eat breakfast and two other meals each day. People who eat breakfast are less likely to snack in the evening. Eat at least every 4 to 6 hours when awake rather than waiting until your stomach starts growling.
4. How much to eat – Calories count. Choose smaller portion sizes. Forget those super sizes as they are expensive to your waistline.
5. Shopping & eating out – If you don’t buy it or make it, food has a hard time finding its way into your mouth. Shop from a grocery list and after a meal when you are not hungry to limit impulse buying. In restaurants, if you aren’t sure how a food is prepared ask. When your food is served, divide off what you are going to eat and…