The 10 Best Office Snacks To Eat At Work
When the mid-morning or afternoon lull sets in at the office, do you find yourself reaching for something unhealthy to munch on?
One of the reasons people don’t stick to healthy eating (especially during the day) is because of their lack of bringing their own homemade prepared food, rather than ordering or eating out. Ultimately, it’s a time issue because it takes time to prepare your lunch and snacks everyday–instead we just eat out or grab something quick–which is usually unhealthy. In a fast-paced world, fast food (unfortunately) is the “go to” solution.
But healthy snacks can help normalize your blood-sugar levels at crucial points in the day. Diminishing swings in blood sugar also helps to curb cravings and keep you on a successful weight-loss track.
Here are some of the best munchies to have on hand:
1. Raw veggies, such as celery, green or red bell pepper strips, cauliflower, carrot sticks and/or broccoli florets. Use hummus, yogurt-and-herb dip, 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter for dipping. We hear it all the time, but veggies at their peak of freshness are best.
2. Shredded boiled chicken (no skin) (1 cup). Chicken with some veggies (not cheese or sauce) can be a great way to make your hunger go away without blowing up your belly.
3. Part-skim mozzarella cheese sticks or a serving of reduced-fat cheese (pair this with some whole-grain crackers and you’ve got a great-filling snack.)
4. Nuts (15 almonds, 20 peanuts, or 30 pistachios), but be sure to stick to one serving.
5. Cottage cheese (reduced-fat or fat-free) with salsa or chopped cucumber added
6. Sunflower seeds (3-tablespoon serving; count these toward your daily nut/seed allowance)