Asian Mushroom Soup
(BlackDoctor.org) – The cold weather may have some down in the dumps but here is a great recipe for a different kind of soup instead of chicken noodle.
Prep Time: 5 Min
Cook Time: 15 Min
Servings per: 4
• 1 tsp vegetable oil
• 1 tbsp fresh ginger root , grated
• 2 medium garlic cloves , minced
• 5 cup fat free unsalted beef broth (or vegetable)
• 1 1/2 cup fresh mushroom slices (shiitake or portabello)
• 1 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
• 2 tsp sesame oil
• 1 pinch salt (to taste)
• 2 tbsp fresh chopped green onion
1. Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic; stir-frying for around 30 seconds.
2. Lower heat to medium and add mushrooms; stir-fry for 2 min.
3. Pour in the broth, bring to a boil; cover and cook for 10 min.
4. Add rice wine and sesame oil; stir well. Season to taste with salt.
Serve garnished with chopped green onions.