Creole Pecan Parmesan Crusted Catfish
Here’s a healthier twist on a Southern staple, highlighting the bold flavors you love.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
– 6 catfish filets
– ¾ cups non-fat Greek yogurt
– ¼ cups water
– ¾ cups pecans, crushed
– 1/3 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
– 1/3 cups parmigiano reggiano cheese, shredded
– 3 tbsp Creole or Cajun spice blend
– 1 garlic cloves, minced
– 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
– 2 tsp onion powder
– 2 tsp garlic powder
– 1 lemon, juiced
– 2 tsp lemon zest
– ½ tsp Chef Judson Todd Allen’s Chef Blend of All Natural All Purpose Habanero Hot Sauce
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 pinch sea salt–
1. In a large mixing bowl combine your yogurt, water and Tobasco, whisk until consistency is thin (add additional water to thin out the mixture).
2. Place your catfish filets in the yogurt mixture; cover and let sit in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine your spice mixture, including the Cajun or Creole spice blend, onion powder and garlic powder.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine your crust mixture, including crushed pecans, parmesan cheese, panko bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons of the spice mixture, parsley, fresh garlic and lemon zest.