(BlackDoctor.org) — It doesn’t get much more savory, delicious — and chock full of wholesome vegetables — than this! Flavor and nutrients mingle together for an incredible taste you won’t forget.
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook time:32 minutes
– 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
– 1 red onion, roughly chopped
– 3 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
– 2 zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
– 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
– 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
– 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (about 4 sprigs), chopped
– 1 28-ounce can chopped tomatoes
– 1 cup green olives, pitted
– 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and cleaned
– 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
– 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted–
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a heavy pot over medium heat. Add the onion; cook 5 minutes. Add the garlic; cook 2 minutes. Add the eggplant, zucchini and bell peppers; cook 5 minutes. Add the thyme, tomatoes, olives, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper. Reduce heat to medium low; simmer 20 minutes.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil. Add shrimp and cook 2 minutes on each side. Stir shrimp into ratatouille.
3. Spoon onto plates. Garnish with mint and almonds; serve.
Nutrition facts per serving: