Blueberries With Lemon Cream
(BlackDoctor.org) — Have your dessert…and a guilt-free conscience, too! This sweet and luscious treat has sweet, plump blueberries – that also just so happen to be antioxidant-rich, as well good-for-you yogurt and honey. If you’re lactose-intolerant, try substituting the dairy-based yogurt with a soy version.
Prep Time:10 mins
Cook time:10 mins
– • 4 ounce(s) cream cheese, reduced-fat, or Neufchatel
– • 3/4 cup(s) yogurt, low-fat vanilla
– • 1 teaspoon honey
– • 2 teaspoon lemon zest, freshly grated
– • 2 cup(s) blueberries–
1. Using a fork, break up cream cheese in a medium bowl. Drain off any liquid from the yogurt; add yogurt to the bowl along with honey.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat at high speed until light and creamy. Stir in lemon zest.
3. Layer the lemon cream and blueberries in dessert dishes or wineglasses. If not serving immediately, cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
Calories: 156, Saturated Fat: 4g, Sodium: 151mg, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Total Fat: 7g, Carbs: 19g, Cholesterol: 22mg, Protein: 6g