Tuscan Bean & Spinach Soup
Sometimes you need a warm bowl of something comforting and delicious. But that doesn’t mean it has to be full of extra calories and minus essential nutrients! Try this satisfying recipe that’s good for the stomach and the soul.
Prep Time: 5 Min
Cook time: 15 Min
• 29oz tomatoes, diced, with garlic & onion, canned, 2-14 1/2 ounce cans, undrained
• 14 1/2oz fat free reduced sodium chicken broth, 1-14 1/2 ounce can
• 2tsp sugar
• 2tsp dried basil, leaves
• 3/4tsp Worcestershire Sauce, low sodium
• 15oz unsalted canned navy beans, 1-15 ounce can rinsed and drained (or other small white beans)
• 3oz fresh baby spinach (or chopped spinach leaves, stems removed)
• 2tsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Combine tomatoes with juice, chicken broth, sugar, basil, and Worcestershire sauce in Dutch oven or large saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
2. Stir in beans and spinach; cook 5 minutes longer or until spinach is tender.
3. Remove from heat; stir in oil just before serving.