(BlackDoctor.org) — For a nutritious, low-calorie, and delicious meal, you can’t beat this recipe! Since salmon is one of the five types of fish highest in omega-3 fatty acids, it should be on everyone’s menu regularly. This healthy recipe offers two cooking methods from which to choose, and the light seasoning enhances the natural flavors of the salmon and the green beans without overpowering them.
Prep Time:10 mins
Cook time:20-25 mins
Total Time:30-35 mins
– • 2 limes
– • 1 pound salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 3 pieces about 1 inch thick
– • 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
– • 1/8 teaspoon salt
– • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
– • 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
– • 2 cups trimmed baby (small) green beans (about 8 oz.) or one 9-ounce package frozen French-cut green beans
– • Lime wedges (optional)–
1. Finely shred 2 teaspoons peel from the limes; set aside. Thinly slice limes and lay slices evenly in the bottom of a steamer basket. Place the fish in a single layer on top of the lime slices. Stir ginger, reserved lime peel, salt, and pepper into sesame oil; brush generously over fish.
2. Place fresh or frozen beans in the upper section of the steamer container. Steam the fish and beans according to the
manufacturer’s directions for 12 to 15 minutes or until just cooked through. (If beans are not tiny, you may need to remove the fish and steam beans for an additional 4 to 5 minutes.) Let stand 1 minute.