Chef Marvin Woods: Brown Stew Chicken With Cauliflower Dip
2-3 sprigs fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon allspice, cracked
2 tablespoons Raw Organic Nama Shoyu (real soy sauce)
1/2 tablespoon flour or 2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 8oz can coconut milk
1 tablespoon grape seed oil
1.Squeeze lime over chicken and rub well. Drain off excess lime juice.
2. Combine tomato, scallion, onion, garlic, pepper, thyme, and Shoyu in a large bowl. Add the wings. Mix well together, cover and allow to marinate for at least one hour.
3. Heat oil in a Dutch pot or large saucepan. Shake off the seasonings as you remove each piece of chicken from the marinade. Reserve the marinade for sauce.
4. Lightly brown the chicken wings a few pieces at a time in hot oil. Once chicken is browned, place chicken on a plate to rest while you brown the remaining wings.
5. Drain off excess oil and return the chicken to the pan. Pour the marinade over the chicken and add the carrots. Stir and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
6. Mix flour and coconut milk and add to stew, stirring constantly. Turn heat down to minimum and cook another 20 minutes or until tender.
1 head cauliflower (2 pounds), cut into florets
2 cloves garlic (rough chopped)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons of water if necessary
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. On a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle cauliflower with oil and sprinkle with paprika. Add garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Place in the oven and roast until golden light brown and tender about 25 minutes. Let cool.
4. Place cauliflower in a food processor, and puree with sour cream and lemon juice. Add water if needed.
5. Check seasoning and serve.