Strawberries & Cream French Toast
Need a more delicious reason to get out of bed in the morning? How about strawberry-jam-and-cream-cheese-stuffed French toast? If breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it should also be the best-tasting!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4 (2 slices each)
– 1/2 cup fat-free cream cheese
– 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup strawberry jam
– 8 1-inch slices French bread
– 2 egg whites
– 1 egg, slightly beaten
– 3/4 cup fat-free milk
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/8 teaspoon apple pie spice
– Nonstick cooking spray–
1. Combine the cream cheese and 2 tablespoons jam. Make a slit in each slice of French bread to form a pocket; fill each with about 1 tablespoon of the cream-cheese mixture.
2. In a small bowl, combine egg whites, egg, milk, vanilla, and apple pie spice. Lightly coat a nonstick griddle with cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
3. Dip the bread into the egg mixture, coating both sides. Place slices on the hot griddle. Cook for about…
…three minutes or until golden brown, turning once.