Eat & Drink Your Stress Away With Spinach
Stress is something we all suffer from at some point. The issue is, we don’t always know how to manage it. What if I told you that you can eat and drink your stress away? I mean, it may not be an instantaneous, in the blink of an eye result, but there is research that suggests that something as inexpensive and easily accessible as spinach can be the stress cure already sitting in your refrigerator.
Spinach is high in the amino acid tryptophan, which helps elevate your mood and promotes better sleep. It’s also high in magnesium, which helps to relax nerves and muscles. Rest is a huge contributor to relieving stress. Research suggests that when the mind and body is more relaxed you are able to think more clearly and handle situations better. This helps keep the stress away. Try some of these spinach recipes below to keep you and your stress levels in order!
LIKE BlackDoctor.org on Facebook! Get Your Daily Medicine…For LIFE!
[ione_facebook_like_box url_segment=blackdoctor.org height=”260″]
Spinach and Carrot Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water or coconut water
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup carrots (usually 4 small carrots or 2 large carrots)
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- Blend for 1 to 1.5 minutes or until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Italian Herb Spinach Chips
- 2 cups fresh spinach (choose the big, healthy-looking leaves)
- Few drop of extra virgin olive oil
- McCormicks Italian Blend Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place spinach in a large bowl.
- Add a few drops of olive oil and mix with your hands until…