Spinach & Chicken Empanadas
I love a good empanada and these are really as great as it gets. They’re cheesy, super flavorful, and they’re baked – so they’re kinda heart healthy. I pair them with a cilantro chimichurri and at the end of the day, these will make you very happy. Isn’t that what empanadas and chimichurri translate to? Follow Chef Darius on Twitter here
– 1 cup of chopped rotisserie chicken
– 1 cup of frozen spinach, drained
– 1 cup of your favorite melting cheese – I used cheddar
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning
– 10 empanada dough discs
– 1 egg
– 1 tablespoon of water–
Cilantro chimichurri, Head over to DariusCooks.com for the chimichurri recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix together the chicken, spinach, cheese, salt, ground pepper, garlic powder, and cajun seasoning. Mix well to combine.
3. Put a heaping teaspoon of filling on one side of the dough, fold the other half of the dough over, and crimp with a fork.