Spinach & Chicken Empanadas
I love a good empanada and these are really as great as it gets. They’re cheesy, super flavorful, and they’re baked – so they’re kinda heart healthy. I pair them with a cilantro chimichurri and at the end of the day, these will make you very happy. Isn’t that what empanadas and chimichurri translate to? Follow Chef Darius on Twitter here
Prep Time: 1 Minutes
Cook time: 1 Minutes
– 1 cup of chopped rotisserie chicken
– 1 cup of frozen spinach, drained
– 1 cup of your favorite melting cheese – I used cheddar
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning
– 10 empanada dough discs
– 1 egg
– 1 tablespoon of water–
Cilantro chimichurri, Head over to DariusCooks.com for the chimichurri recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix together the chicken, spinach, cheese, salt, ground pepper, garlic powder, and cajun seasoning. Mix well to combine.
3. Put a heaping teaspoon of filling on one side of the dough, fold the other half of the dough over, and crimp with a fork.