Mediterranean Chicken Stew
There’s nothing like comfort food, especially during the winter, cooler months. Here a delicious recipe that’s not only “good-to-the-last-bite” but also its safe for diabetics (seriously)! Share this recipe for a great comfort food-filled night.
Prep Time: 1 Minutes
Cook time: 1 Minutes
– 2 whole bone-in chicken breast (2 pounds total), skinned and cut into quarters
– cooking spray
– 2 medium onions, sliced
– 2 large garlic cloves, minced
– 1 yellow or red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
– 1 teaspoon turmeric
– ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
– ½ teaspoon ground ginger
– 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peel and cut into cubes
– 1 14.5 ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
– 2 tablespoons golden raisins
– 2 cups fat-free low-sodium canned chicken broth
– salt and pepper, to taste–
- Lightly spray a covered non-stick pot with cooking spray. Add the chicken and brown over high heat for 2 minutes, turning chicken once. Lower the heat and transfer the chicken to a plate. Set aside.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot except the reserved chicken pieces. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.