Q&A: Can I Naturally Lighten Dark Inner Thighs?
Q: Could you please share how to get rid of dark inner thighs naturally or with safe creams? – C.J.
A: First of all it is important to understand the causes of dark inner thighs. Here are many of the causes of dark inner thighs:
- Obesity Being overweight can cause your thighs to rub against each other when you walk, which can cause discoloration and itchy skin called chaffing. To avoid this, wear shorts that will cover your thighs under your skirts and dresses so that your legs will not directly rub together.
- Hormonal Imbalance Your inner thighs can darken from hormonal imbalance, some women notice their inner thighs darken during parts of their menstrual cycle, hormonal changes from pregnancy can also cause darkening of skin.
- Medications Some medications can cause skin changes, including oral contraceptives. Ask your doctor for alternatives if you need to.
- Friction Excess sweat and tight clothes may cause darker thighs. Friction caused by this can result in darker inner thighs. Choose fabrics that can breathe.
- Acanthosis Nigricans This condition makes dark patches and discoloration occur on your skin. There are several remedies available from your doctor or to make for yourself at home.
Here are natural ways to help remedy the situation: