Salmon Avocado Collard Rolls
There is nothing like the vitality boost you get from eating wild-caught fish. Though a bit on the pricier side, the health benefits are amazing and so is the taste! A salmon and avocado combination are a great contrast, and the raw collard green leaf is crunchy with a tad of sweetness.
Prep Time:1 Minutes
Cook time:1 Minutes
– ½ pound wild-caught salmon (canned wild salmon can work if fresh is not available, but this could contain a lot of sodium)
– 1” piece of fresh ginger, grated
– 1 green onion, chopped
– 1 avocado
– 1 teaspoon or more dulse flakes
– ½ teaspoon wheat-free tamari
– 2 loosely packed cups baby spinach or sunflower sprouts
– 1 cup of thinly sliced cucumber, red pepper, or celery
– Lemon wedge
– 4 medium-sized collard leaves, stems and thickest part of center vein removed–
- In a sauté pan, poach the salmon with ginger in 1 inch of water for approximately 2 minutes on each side.
- Let cool briefly and remove any bones.
- Seperate the salmon and mash gently with the avocado, green onion, dulse flakes and tamari.