Super Simple Slimming Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Here’s the recipe for an incredible spaghetti squash casserole with ricotta and spinach that is only 250 calories per serving (2.5 inch squares)!
Prep Time:1 Minutes
Cook time:1 Minutes
– 1 3-pound spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 15-ounce container ricotta
– 1 large egg
– 4 cups baby spinach, chopped
– 1 garlic clove, chopped
– 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 2 cups grated mozzarella (1/2 pound)
– kosher salt and black pepper–
Heat oven to 400° F. Place the squash on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle the cut sides with the oil, place cut-side down, and roast until tender, 40 to 50 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, spinach, garlic, nutmeg, 1 teaspoon salt, and ? teaspoon pepper.
With a fork, gently scrape out the strands of flesh and add to the ricotta mixture. Mix gently to combine.
Transfer the mixture to an 8-inch square baking dish, sprinkle with the mozzarella, and bake until browned and bubbling, 18 to 22 minutes.