3 Soups To “Fall” In Love With
Fall is officially here and there’s nothing better than coming home to a piping hot bowl of soup after a long day at work. But, who wants to spend hours slaving over a stove? No one! What if I told you that you could make thick, creamy, flavorful soups in no time?
To help kick off the fall season, here are three delicious soups that’ll come in handy on those late nights when you’re too tired to cook. Happy eating!
1. Corn and Bacon Chowder Soup
What you’ll need:
- 2 slices bacon
- ½ cup pre-chopped celery, onion and bell pepper
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 packages frozen baby gold and white corn
- Reduced-fat shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 14 minutes
What to do:
- Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; crumble and set aside. Add celery mixture and 1 package corn to drippings in pan; sauté 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Place remaining 1 package corn and 1 cup milk in a blender, and process until smooth. Add pureed mixture to vegetables in pan; stir in remaining 1 cup milk, salt, black pepper, and cheese. Cook over medium heat (do not boil), stirring constantly, until cheese melts. Ladle chowder into bowls. Top each serving evenly with reserved crumbled bacon. Sprinkle with additional black pepper, if desired.