4 Gluten-Free Desserts To Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
Nothing ruins a delicious-looking slice of cake than finding out there’s flour in it.
According to the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness, 18 million people are estimated to have gluten-sensitivity, so chances are, you probably know someone with this allergy. Having gluten-sensitivity can be extremely incredibly difficult because nearly everything we eat – pasta, bread, baked goods, cereal, salad dressings, beer, etc. – contains gluten.
If you’re allergic to gluten, then you’ll be pleased to know that we’ve gathered four delicious, gluten-free desserts that are to die for. Continue reading to get your grub on!
Peanut Butter Marshmallow Sandwich Cookies
Serving size: Makes 24 cookies and 12 sandwiches
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Marshmallow Fluff if using
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with either silicone mats or parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients in the bow of a stand mixer and mix on low until combined. Use a small ice cream or cookie scoop and drop 1 ½ tablespoonful’s of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Use a fork to flatten the mounds of dough and create a crisscross pattern on each cookie.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and rest on the baking sheet for a few minutes until the cookies firm up enough to transfer to cooling racks.
- Once cooled spread at least one heaping tablespoonful of Marshmallow Fluff onto the back of one of the peanut butter cookies and top with another.
Recipe from [Bakers Royale]