Sweet Potato Recipe Rescue: Make More Than Pies & Fries!
Why is that nearly every recipe you find that involves sweet potatoes requires you to either bake a pie or whip up a casserole? Those are good and all, but if you’re anything like me, then you like to switch things up. Want to try something a little out of the ordinary? Then you’re definitely going to want to check out these three amazing recipes that are sure to knock your socks off!
– 2t canola oil
– 1/2 cup chopped shallots
– 3 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled sweet potato
– 1 1/2 cups (1/4-inch) sliced peeled carrots
– 1T grated ginger
– 2t curry powder
– 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
– 1/2T salt–
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots; sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add potato, carrots, ginger, and curry; cook 2 minutes.