‘Tis The Season: DIY Sugar & Plum Facial
In a study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, it was noted that plums ranked #2 of the top 12 antioxidant bearing fruits.
This sweet and tart fruit is more than a miracle to your taste buds; it actually provides a ton of skin and health benefits, too.
Plums provide vitamin A, vitamin B complex, vitamin C, vitamin K, beta carotene, iron, potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
This fruit is an anti-aging and detoxifying powerhouse.
Try either of these recipes below to whip up your new favorite plum facial!
- 1 plum peeled
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- Dash of almond oil
1. In a bowl add and whip your yogurt. This will be the base of the facial. Its texture and coolness is calming to the skin and the probiotic, anti-bacterial, and lactic acid benefits are great for skin rejuvenation (cell turnover).
2. Add your skinned plum. Mash up until smooth with the yogurt.
3. Stir in the honey.
4. Add a few drops of almond oil for added anti-inflammatory benefits.
5. Slather this mask over your skin and let sit for 15-25 minutes.
6. Rinse with lukewarm water.