Recipe Remix: Mongolian Beef & Broccoli [VIDEO]
Dinner is solved with this quick and easy dinner. The recipe makes 3 servings and is only 282 calories per serving. Be sure to bookmark this deliciousness:
Prep Time:1 Minutes
Cook time:1 Minutes
– 1 pound of lean steak (420 cal)
– 1 cup of broccoli florets (31 cal)
– 1 tablespoon of canola oil (120 cal)
– 3/4 cup of low sodium soy sauce (37 cal)
– 1/2 cup of brown sugar (234 cal)
– 1 clove of garlic, grated (4 cal)
– 1 teaspoon of ginger, grated (1 cal)
– 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
– 1 tablespoon of water
– *brown rice to serve
– *chopped scallions, for garnish–
1. In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, and water and mix well.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saute pan and once it’s hot, add the steak and cook until it’s just cooked through. Then, add in the broccoli and the sauce and cook on medium heat until the sauce reduces and thickens a bit. This should take about 4-5 minutes.
*If you like crispier broccoli, add it once the sauce has already thickened.