Creamed Spinach & Salmon Alfredo [VIDEO]
If you’re not hip to the #TwoIngredientGame, you should be. It’s a fun game we play on social media where I say give me two ingredients, and I’ll whip up a recipe – live. Only, we do it on Periscope and Facebook Live at the same time. It’s fun stuff! I took two great ingredients and whipped them into an easy weeknight dinner that’s super simple to do.
The key to keeping this dish healthy boils down to one thing: Portion Control. A large palm-size portion is only 320 calories (calories add up when we eat more than we need to).
– 3/4 box of thin linguini, cooked and drained
– 1/2 cup of diced onion
– 4 garlic cloves minced
– 2 teaspoons of olive oil
– 1/2 cup of good white wine
– 2 cups of chipped frozen spinach, drained
– 2 cups of heavy cream
– 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
– pinch of red pepper flakes
– 1/2 teaspoon of dried Italian herbs
– 1/2 chicken bouillon cube
– salt and pepper to taste
– 2 cups of cooked salmon fillet–
1. Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
2. Then add the chicken bouillon, dried herbs, and red pepper flakes to the pan. Cook for 30 seconds and then add in the white wine. Let the wine reduce by about half.