Homemade Cream of Spinach Soup With Grilled Cheese Croutons
I think I’ve said a gazillion times that I absolutely love the #TwoIngredientGame. It’s super fun to take two ingredients and figure out what to do with them. While I was traveling for Dining with DariusCooks in VA Beach, I decided to play the game. I took spinach and grilled cheese and came up with this beauty. It’s super simple to whip up and the crispy grilled cheese croutons makes it super satisfying!
Even with the grilled cheese, this dish is only 310 calories (using 3 croutons per serving)!
Prep Time:1 Minutes
Cook time:1 Minutes
– 1 small box of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
– 1/2 cup of diced leeks
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil
– 4 cups of chicken stock
– 2 cups of heavy cream
– 1 tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon of cold water
– salt and pepper to taste–
– 2 slices of good crusty bread
– 2 slices of good Pepper Jack cheese
– 2 teaspoons of softened butter–
1. In a soup pot, saute the leeks in olive oil until the leeks are tender.
2. Add in the chicken stock and spinach and cook until the soup has come to a boil.