Brown Sugar & Garlic Roasted Chicken
Are there ever enough ways to cook chicken? Probably not. You know, I’m on a quest to find each and every way. Besides, sometimes, it’s more about technique. Don’t get me wrong. Flavor is important. However, once you figure out flavor profiles that work, it’s about knowing a proper roasting technique that works equally as well! Here’s one of my faves…
– 1 chicken, butterflied
– 1 tablespoon of Kosher salt
– 1/2 tablespoon of black pepper
– 1 teaspoon of dried cilantro
– 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
– 1/2 tablespoon of dried Italian herbs
– 3/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
– 1 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar
– A pinch of red pepper flakes
– 3/4 cup of olive oil–
1. In a large bowl, combine all of the seasonings and olive oil until a paste has formed. Also, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Rub the paste all over the chicken, including underneath the skin of the bird.
3. Place parchment paper in the base of a cookie sheet. Place the seasoned bird on the parchment paper and place in the oven to roast for 27-30 minutes.