Wine Braised Chicken Thighs
I once heard someone say that chicken thighs are like the new bacon. I completely agree. I love a chicken thigh and try to mix and match them any way I can. This recipe is easy because you brown them, then make the sauce, then let them simmer – it’s easy. And it’s a chicken thigh so you know the meat will be super tender and juicy. Here’s the recipe!
Prep Time:1 Minutes
Cook time:1 Minutes
– 1 1/2 pounds of chicken thighs, patted dry
– 1 tablespoon of Kosher salt
– 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
– 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic
– 1 cup of all purpose flour
– 1 cup of vegetable or canola oil
– 1 cup of chopped onion
– 1 cup of chopped bell pepper (your choice)
– 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
– 2 cups of good white wine
– 1 cup of good chicken stock
– 2 tablespoons of butter
– 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped herbs (I used parsley, sage, and chives)–
1. Season the chicken liberally with salt, pepper, and granulated garlic. Then dust the chicken thighs in the flour and shake off the excess and set aside.
2. Preheat the vegetable oil. When hot, add the chicken thighs to the pan and sear them on both sides until they’re golden brown. They will not be cooked through. Remove the browned thighs from the pan and set aside.