Recipe Remix: Southern Style Greens
You don’t need a holiday or Sunday dinner to make a super delicious pot of greens. All you need is a little time and a little love to make this super simple recipe. For this recipe, I used collard greens, mustard greens, and turnip greens. I hope you enjoy!
Prep Time: 1 Minutes
Cook time: 1 Minutes
– 3 bunches of collard, turnip, and mustard greens, rinsed, trimmed, and chopped (I chop some of the stems too, why not? you paid for it!!!)
– 1 pound of smoked turkey wings or tails
– 8 cups of water
– 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
– 1 tablespoon of onion powder
– 1 tablespoon of Kosher salt
– 1 tablespoon of black pepper
– 2 tablespoons of your favorite Cajun seasoning
– salt & pepper to taste
– 1/2 cup of sugar
– 1 tablespoons of red pepper flakes–
1. Dump the greens, smoked turkey wings or tails and water into the pot and bring to a boil. Allow to cook on medium heat for about 30 minutes. The greens should be fragrant and they should have cooked down some.
HINT: If you adjust your cooking time, the stems can be just as soft as the greens.
**Also, remember, many people add the seasoning while cooking, but it’s important to add the seasoning AFTER.**