“Better-Than-Sex” Pineapple Upside Down Cake
“So you think this is going to better than sex?” is the question I get every time I tell the name of this dessert. Well, that depends on what kind of sex you’e talking about, lol. But seriously, this is a great tasting cake that is low fat and has only 365 calories.
Prep Time:10 Minutes
Cook time:30 Minutes
Total Time:40 Minutes
– 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple slices in juice, drained
– Cooking spray
– 1/3 cup fat-free caramel topping
– 9 maraschino cherries, drained
– 5 tablespoons butter
– 1 large milk chocolate bar
– 2/3 cup sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour–
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Press 9 pineapple slices between paper towels until barely moist; set aside. Reserve the remaining pineapple for another use.
- Coat a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray; drizzle caramel topping over bottom of pan. Arrange prepared pineapple slices in a single layer over caramel; place 1 cherry in the center of each slice.
- Place the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave at high 1 minute or until the butter melts. Add sugar, stirring with a whisk. Add eggs, and stir well. Stir in low-fat buttermilk and next 4 ingredients (buttermilk through baking soda). Lightly spoon 1 1/4 cups flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Melt chocolate bar over steam, slowly incorporate to mixture. Add flour, stirring just until blended (do not overstir). Pour the batter into prepared pan.