‘Jamaican Me Crazy’ Jerk Chicken
There’s something about good jerk chicken that keeps you coming back for more. It may be the spices, it may be the hint of sweet, or it could just be the taste of Jamaica you get every time you take a bite. Here’s a recipe that won’t fail you. Try it — it’ll take you back to Jamaica mon!
Prep Time: 15 mintues
Cook time: 30 mintues
– 6 green onion,chopped
– 1 onion, chopped
– 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
– 3/4 cup soy sauce
– 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
– 1/4 cup vegetable oil
– 2 tablespoons brown sugar
– 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
– 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
– 1 whole chicken – cut into 8 pieces (6 pieces of skinless, boneless chicken breast will work too)–
In a food processor or blender, combine the green onions, onion, jalapeno pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, vegetable oil, brown sugar, thyme, cloves, nutmeg and allspice. Mix for about 15 seconds.
Place the chicken in a medium bowl, and coat with the marinade. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, or overnight.
Preheat grill for high heat.
Lightly oil grill grate. Cook chicken on the prepared grill 6 to 8 minutes, turning on each side, until juices run clear.