Honey Spiced Grilled Peach Kale Salad
The summer brings about family, fun and of course your relative’s “signature” must have side dish. Create a stand out crowd pleaser and try this non-traditional vegetarian side option that packs mesmerizing colors and bold flavors. The peaches are grilled until caramelized, sweet and juicy. Paired with kale greens, un-salted roasted sunflower seeds for crunch, dried cranberries and balsamic vinegar, this salad is a “super star.”
For more delicious recipes, visit judsontoddallen.com.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
– 2-3 bunches of kale, cleaned and shredded
– 2 peaches, cut in wedges
– 2 tablespoon dried cranberries
– 2 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds (un-salted)
– ½ teaspoon olive oil
– 1 teaspoon of honey
– ¼ teaspoon cajun spice
– ¼ cup balsamic vinegar–
1. On a cutting board, remove large base stems from kale. You should be left with the edible leaves. Stack the kale leaves on top of each other and roll like a cigar. Using a shard knife shred the kale, cutting into small strips. Place in a bowl and set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl add your sliced peach wedges, oil, honey and cajun spice. Toss to fully coat and refrigerate for approximately 15 minutes.
3. On a charcoal or gas and/or home grill set at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Add marinated peaches. Cook until charred, soft and caramelized. Remove from grill and set aside in a glass bowl.