Grilled Chicken Caprese
Give your chicken a makeover with this simple to follow recipe. In three simple steps you’ll have a delicious protein serving that goes well with your choice of carbohydrates. This chicken recipe goes well with corn or rice, and a slow carb vegetable like broccoli or black beans.
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless, skinless, thinly sliced
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp basil
- 5 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, medium, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- Brush chicken pieces and tomato slices generously with oil. Sprinkle with garlic salt, oregano, and basil.
- Grill chicken and tomato slices over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Top chicken with cheese, grilled tomatoes and basil. Grill with lid closed 1 to 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.