help a flare-up, there are also different natural remedies that can be of assistance as well.
1. An Epsom Salt Bath– with flare-ups comes fatigue and a great way to help get rid of that fatigue is to soak in Epsom salt during a bath. The salt helps remove toxins in your body by strengthening your magnesium absorption. Epsom salt baths also help with reducing joint pain and inflammation.
2. Use Essential Oils– there are certain essential oils specifically to help with lupus, for example, frankincense oil which aids in the reduction of immune reactions that come with lupus. Add a few drops to your water daily. Helichrysum oil helps support the nervous system while also aiding in joint pain relief and helping skin conditions. Take 1-2 drops orally or rub on your neck.
3. Turmeric Milk– turmeric is an anti-inflammatory ingredient that is great for people who suffer from lupus. Add one teaspoon of turmeric to warm milk to help your flare-up.
4. Drink Ginger Tea– drinking a few cups of ginger tea can help with joint pain. Ginger is also an anti-inflammatory ingredient as well as an antioxidant that helps reduce pain and swelling.
5. Drink Apple Cider Vinegar– add a teaspoon of raw apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and drink it 3 times a day before each meal. Apple cider vinegar detoxifies the body and enhances your nutrient absorption.
How to Prevent Flare-Ups
Unfortunately, lupus flare-ups are inevitable and can always be an outcome, but there are steps to take to help prevent extreme flare-ups. Incorporate more roots into your diet such as turmeric and ginger. These are anti-inflammatory nutrients that are very helpful with inflammation. Reducing your stress levels is also a good way to help prevent flare-ups. Stress is a huge indicator of a flare-up.
Being more aware of the foods you consume can reduce flare-ups as well. Gut health is extremely important to be mindful of for everyone including people dealing with diseases such as lupus. Overall these suggestions not only help you lead a healthier lifestyle, but a more comfortable one as well.