T-N-T Turkey Taco Salad
When the winter time comes, nobody really thinks about salads that much. It’s all about soup and comfort food–and who could blame them? But here’s a recipe for a taco salad that is out of this world–so much so people will call it dynomite (like TNT, get it?). I know, it’s corny, lol. Just enjoy the salad, lol!
Prep Time: 3 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
– 2 tomatoes
– 1 cup sautéed onion
– 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
– 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese
– 1½ lb fresh ground turkey
– 1 cup sweet corn
– 1 cup black beans
– 1 small bag (7 ounces) Cool Ranch Doritos (crushed)
– 1/2 cup low-fat ranch dressing
– 1/2 cup homemade taco Seasoning:
– 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder, 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
– 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
– 1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
– 1/4 tsp. Dried Oregano
– 1/2 tsp. Paprika
– 1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
– 1 tsp. Sea Salt¼ cup water
– 2 cup spinach and romaine lettuce mix
– 1/2 cup pico de gallo
– 2 cups regular tortilla chips–
In a medium skillet over low – medium heat, add 1½ lb ground turkey and 2 Tbsp taco seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, until done.
Add 2 Tbsp to ¼ cup more taco seasoning, tomatoes and ¼ cup water, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Combine the cheese, onion, corn, black beens, spinach and romaine, and ground turkey in a large bowl. Add the ranch dressing and mix well. Just before serving, add all the tortilla chips, tossing to combine with other ingredients.
Top each serving with a teaspoon of salsa.