5 Reasons You Should Be Having Fruit For Breakfast
a glass of lemon water to get your body up and running.
- Smoothie bowl (see recipes here)
- Oatmeal topped with fruit (no added sugar, but try agave or honey if you must have a sweetener)
- Fruit bowl (watermelon, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, passion fruit, dragon fruit)
- Fruit wrap* (recipe below)
- Avocado toast
- Flourless pancakes* (recipe below)
- Whole grain toast topped with almond butter and banana
Flourless Pancake Recipe
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- Non-stick cooking spray
Mash both ingredients together, fry, and serve with fruit. Top with honey or agave.
Breakfast Fruit Wrap
- ¼ cup of granola
- Flatbread wrap
- Agave or honey
- Greek yogurt
Thinly slice all fruit except for blueberries. Spread yogurt on flatbread and top with granola followed by fruit. Drizzle honey or agave and roll into a wrap.
Elissa Mirsky, known to most as Elle, is a published author and former editor-in-chief of Bold Magazine. She believes food shouldn’t be boring and every meal should be fashionably edible. Follow her on Instagram @mylifebeingelle where she is documenting her journey to eat well, live life, and love self.