9 Types of Treatment for Coronary Artery Disease
angina or a heart attack.
3. Beta blockers: May be used to reduce blood pressure and heart rate, especially in a person who has already had a heart attack.
4. Nitroglycerin patches, sprays, or tablets: These control chest pain by reducing the heart’s demand for blood by widening the coronary arteries.
5. Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors: These lower blood pressure and help to slow or stop the progression of CHD.
6. Calcium channel blockers: This will widen the coronary arteries, allowing greater blood flow to the heart, and reduce hypertension.
7. Laser surgery: This involves making several tiny holes in the heart muscle, which encourage the formation of new blood vessels.
8. Coronary bypass surgery: The surgeon uses a blood vessel from