4 Healthy Fall Comfort Food Recipes
Along with crisp temperatures, one of the best things about the fall season is the warm, rich comfort foods that touch and soothe our stomachs and souls. With that being said, what’s better than a great dish, without the guilt?
I’ve plunged into the food blogosphere and gathered some of the best healthy and easy comfort food recipes for you to throw together for you and the family. Excess fat and calories aren’t needed in the coming months, (no excuses), but it’s still winter, and that means comfort food still rules. Check these out and let us know what you think!
Zucchini Noodles with Mini Chicken Feta and Spinach Meatballs
- 2 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled, plus extra for topping
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 medium zucchini squash, spiralized
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, juiced
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In your food processor, combine the