7 Tips For Choosing The Right Health Plan For You
- Are your current doctors in the plan’s network?Some plans require you to use doctors and facilities in their network of providers. Others let you go outside of the network for care, but may not cover the costs at the same level.
- Will your prescriptions be covered?Read the fine print carefully when reviewing plan options to make sure you’re aware of what might not be covered. Separate insurance is typically required for things like prescriptions, vision care and dental coverage.
LIKE BlackDoctor.org on Facebook! Get Your Daily Medicine…For LIFE!
- What will your deductibles, copayments, and maximum out-of-pocket costs be?In general, the lower the premium, the higher the out-of-pocket costs when you need care. Premiums are usually higher for plans that pay more medical costs. For example, if you have a Gold plan you’ll likely pay a higher premium than a Bronze or Silver plan, but may have lower costs when you go to the doctor or use another medical service.
- Did you know you can’t be denied coverage due to a pre-existing condition like diabetes or heart disease?You can’t be charged a higher premium because of your conditions. And you won’t lose your coverage if you get sick.
Remember, the 2015 deadline for insurance is February 15. If you have questions, call the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596. TTY users should call 1-855-889-4325. You can also visit Localhelp.HealthCare.gov to find help in your area.
If you are looking for a UnitedHealthcare health plan, there are many ways to enroll:
- Online at uhc.com/join
- By calling 1-844-JOIN-UHC
- In person with help from Navigators, insurance brokers or agents.