Guilt-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Would you believe that chocolate chip cookies were created by accident? Ruth Wakefield was preparing her traditional butter cookies at the Toll House Inn in Whitman, MA., when she decided on a whim to add pieces of a chocolate bar to her dough.
Wakefield expected the chocolate to melt into the dough but instead it held its shape. The cookie was an instant hit and the recipe was printed in a local Boston newspaper.
Revamped, these gems are still ooey-gooey goodness — but they’re only 80 calories each (with a gram of healthy fiber per cookie)! Half the fat and cholesterol have been removed as well.
Guilt-free indulgence at its tastiest!
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 12 min
Servings: 48 cookies
• 1/2 cup(s) (packed) brown sugar
• 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup(s) trans fat–free vegetable oil spread (60% to 70% oil)
• 1 large egg
• 1 large egg white
• 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
• 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
• 2 1/2 cup(s) quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
• 1 cup(s) bittersweet (62% cacao) or semisweet chocolate chips