5. Aloe vera gets rid of bad breath. Have a bad taste in your mouth or lingering bad breath? Try this aloe vera recipe. Mix 1/4 cup of aloe vera and ½ cup of water or apple juice as a natural alternative to mouthwash. Aloe vera has an anti-inflammatory compound, b-sitosterol which helps with acid indigestion, the culprit of bad breath. Keep the doses low, as to large of a dose can act as a laxative.
6. Trying to keep those brows together until your appointment? Aloe vera can keep your eyebrows tidy. Apply some aloe vera gel to your eyebrow brush and sweep it across your brows to keep them in place. The best part is your eyebrows won’t be too sticky, clumpy or hard.
7. Aloe vera can be used as a hand sanitizer. Sometimes hand sanitizers can have a drying effect on your hands because of the high alcohol content and all of the ingredients in them. Use aloe vera instead. Mix ½ cup of aloe vera gel, ¼ cup of alcohol and add 20 drops of your favorite essential oil. Use a spritz bottle. The aloe will soothe your skin and eliminate that over-drying effect that regular sanitizers can have on your hands.
8. Keep your skin wrinkle free. The Annals of Dermatology conducted a study and found that 90 days of drinking aloe vera helped to reduce wrinkles and increase elasticity in the skin. I’m sure you would agree that aloe vera juice is a less expensive and natural option than many of the skin products on the market that offer a similar benefit.
9. Emergency treatment alternative for acne breakouts. Aloe vera helps to reduce skin inflammation, the cause of many a skin breakout. Aloe vera also helps reduce the redness as well. Because of aloe’s antibacterial component, when you apply aloe vera gel to that breakout you will notice immediate results.
10. Keeps your mouth healthy. Aloe contains polysaccharide which helps to reduce oral ulcers and the pain you experience along with them. Aloe vera can also help with gingivitis when you use it topically. It reduces swelling, inflammation and bleeding of your gums.
If you are looking for some natural beauty and skin benefits, aloe vera is your plant! Using aloe vera will not only help you to have additional skin benefits, but it has fewer chemicals in it versus traditional beauty products and can be utilized in a multitude of ways. Try it out. You have nothing to lose!