When it comes to understanding men, women often miss the mark. We famously know them for not being the most vocal when it comes to their true feelings, especially in the “getting to know you” stages of a relationship. Verbal communication may be limited, but it’s those tiny gestures that contain no words that are often unconsciously done that can speak volumes.
RELATED: Dating Body Language: 5 Ways to Let Him Know You’re Interested
Body language reveals a lot about a person’s true feelings and intentions, and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to decipher the code.
Here are a few body language signs performed by men that will help you make the decision to either invest time or move on to the next to avoid being played.
Watch for these body language signals during the first encounter or first date.
If he is into you:
- He will keep strong eye contact.
- He will smirk at you (meaning smile from the corner of his mouth).
- His nostrils will fair at some point in the conversation
- He will tilt his head slightly when he looks at you.
- His chest will be pointed at you (men point their chests to the most important thing in the room).
- He will find an excuse to touch you (a simple touch of the arm, or dusting something like an eyelash off of your face).
- He will become more animated and use his hands during a conversation with you.
- He will touch his face (when humans are attracted to someone, their skin becomes sensitive).
- He offers you his hand with the palm up (that means he wants more than just a physical connection).
- He laughs easily around you (that means he is comfortable around you).
RELATED: The 3 Most Common Mistakes Women Make When Dating Are…
If he’s just there for the ride and could care less:
- He pays more attention to his phone than he does you.
- He looks away during conversation with you.
- His body faces away from you when you are in conversation.
- He constantly looks at his watch.
- He taps his foot (signs of nervousness or irritation).
- He talks more about himself and doesn’t let you get a word in.
- He crosses his arms (shows he is closed off).
- He brings up other women during conversation.
- He constantly brings up his ex (that means he’s not over her).
While body language can help you get to the root of his true feelings for you, remember to take them with a grain of salt.
There’s a lot of belief that you can take any ONE body language signal and it will reveal his true feelings for you. This is a myth.
Men only show about 10 body signals compared to 52 for women so you have to look at the big picture and determine which ones matter.
If you find it challenging, try thinking like a man. As a woman, you’re probably looking for