Yep, you read that right. Chicken. Fajita. SLIDERS! We have another delicious recipe from Darius Cooks. Here’s what he says about this creation:
“Everyone loves fajitas, right? How about taking the flavor profile up a notch into a perfect little bite. My chicken fajita sliders are a perfect way to enjoy everything there is to love about chicken fajitas – just now, they’re in burger form. Here’s what we’re in for. We saute onions and peppers until they’re super caramelized. Then we season ground chicken with everything you find in traditional fajitas – garlic, onion, a little but of cumin and chili powder. The sliders get formed and seared off until they’re nice and crusty – we give them a flip and that’s all she wrote. A little bit of guacamole and a squeeze of lime makes these sliders the perfect little bite.”
Chicken Fajita Sliders
1 pound of ground chicken
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of chili powder
1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
2 teaspoons of Kosher salt, divided
1 teaspoon of black pepper, divided into 1/2 teaspoon portions
1 cup of sliced onion
1 cup of sliced yellow pepper
1 cup of sliced red pepper
2 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
*store bought guacamole
*pepper jack cheese
*toasted mini hamburger buns
YOU MIGHT LIKE: Collard Green And Cornbread Cupcakes
1. Combine ground chicken with minced garlic, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, Kosher salt and black pepper.
2. Form ground chicken into mini patties and reserve.
3. Saute onions, red peppers and yellow peppers in 1 tablespoon of olive oil with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Cook the vegetables until they’ve become super soft and caramelized. Start on high heat and then reduce the heat and allow them to cook low for about 15 minutes.
4. Get a pan really hot and then add olive oil to the pan.
5. Add sliders and cook on one side until they’re golden brown. Flip and cook on the other side.
6. Add pepper jack cheese and let it melt on top. Spread the guacamole on the toasted mini buns and enjoy.
Visit the BlackDoctor.org Healthy Recipes center for more recipes.