Even though traditional medicines and treatment programs are available for many illnesses, there are usually non-traditional ones that might be suggested. One such option is chinen salt., which is being explored for its potential health benefits. If you’ve never heard of it, then now is a good time to find out if it’s something you should be adding to your regular diet.
What’s Chinen Salt, Anyway?
While it’s called salt, the product is far different from the table salt or sea salt that you might use. Chinen salt is actually made from a compound known as berberine chloride, which is derived from Chinese goldthread (Coptis chinensis).
It also contains sodium chloride and sodium nitrate, monosodium glycolate(MSG). However, its benefits are usually associated with berberine.
Chinen salt has been used in traditional Chinese medicine to remove toxins from the body for some time. Specifically, it’s been found to be helpful for those who are dealing with type 2 diabetes.
Chinen salt for diabetes:
What Are Some Of The Possible Benefits?
Of course, there’s hardly any data available to determine for sure if chinen salt will have a significant positive impact on your health. Still, these are a few of the potential benefits that have been suggested from its use in traditional Chinese medicine.
- It can reduce blood sugar – Some studies have shown that berberine chloride is helpful for reducing blood sugar levels and maintaining them within a healthy range.
- It can encourage the production of insulin – The core cause of diabetes is that there’s an issue with insulin production so if berberine encourages this then it’s good news for diabetics.
- It may have anti-inflammatory properties – Berberine may be an anti-inflammatory so it can help with certain conditions including the kidney complications that many diabetics deal with.
- It can regulate fat levels in the blood – This benefit is important for anyone who has issues with high cholesterol.
- It may boost the immune system – Chinen salt has been purported to improve the immune system and as such contribute to overall wellness.
- It may strengthen blood vessel walls – Illness, aging, and dietary habits can affect the strength and elasticity of blood vessel walls, which in turn can affect the circulatory system. Chinen salt may help to keep these vessels strong.
- It can help with digestion – It’s been suggested that Chinen salt helps with digestion by stimulating your gut bacteria.
Chinen salt is typically available as a supplement but it may