Who would think that the thing that is keeping you from “getting down in the sheets” is the same thing helping you get out of them? Your morning coffee may be offering you more than a caffeine buzz. According to hormone expert Alisa Vitti, “that morning cup of coffee is disrupting your blood sugar all day. As a result, your adrenals start to under perform, and then you get too much cortisol and not enough DHEA.”
Your hormones (i.e., cortisol and dehydroepiandrosterone – DHEA) are regulated by your adrenal glands. Without proper regulation of DHEA your testosterone and sex drive levels decrease. So if you want to keep your sex life going you may want to ditch the coffee, that is if it isn’t going to make you completely cranky and unbearable to deal with in the mornings. Let’s face it, that won’t necessarily keep the spark in your love life either.
If you’re the type that needs that extra energy boost in the morning, try any of the following sex-friendly drinks instead.
Yerba Mate Chai
- ½ of a star anise
- 10 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole white peppercorns
- 1 cardamon pod opened to the seeds
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, mashed
- 3 cups water
- 2 heaping tablespoons of yerba mate tea (or another tea of your choice)
- 3 cups almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- Sweetener of choice, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of clove
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (optional)
- As much turmeric as you can handle! Start with a teaspoon and go up from there.
- 1-2 cups of water
- Raw honey to sweeten
- Coconut milk
Skinny Bites Green Tea Latte
- 1 large tablespoon full of organic 100% matcha green tea leaf powder
- 1 cup your choice of milk (my option- plain almond milk)
- A pinch of Stevia for sweetening
Vanilla Rooibos Latte
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 rooibos tea bag
- 1 -2 teaspoon Torani vanilla-flavored syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon artificial sweetener
- 1 dash cinnamon
Dandelion Root Coffee
- 2 cups roasted dandelion root
- ½ cup cinnamon bark
- ½ cup ginger root
- ½ cup cardamom seeds
- ½ cup star anise
Visit the BlackDoctor.org Food center for more helpful articles and tips.
For more health and beauty information, visit KissTheChaos.com .