Over ten percent of the U.S. population currently lives with diabetes, and every year 1.5 million Americans are newly diagnosed with diabetes. Although it is a common and heavily researched chronic disease, there is still misinformation and myths of how to manage diabetes. Managing diabetes well is essential to maintaining good health and overall wellbeing. See how you’re doing with diabetes management by taking the quiz below!
1. True or False: Eating sugar-free foods has no effect on my blood sugar.
2. What type of diet is the most healthy and sustainable for diabetics?
c. Any balanced diet
3. Which of these habits is most detrimental to those managing diabetes?
a. High-intensity exercise
b. Smoking and using other tobacco products
c. Enjoying some Halloween candy with your children
d. Ketogenic diet
4. True or False: Diabetes has effects on not only your physical health, but your mental health.
5. What is the best way to manage consistently high blood sugar?
a. Consistent moderate exercise, at least three times a week
b. Following a meal plan recommended by your care team
c. Checking blood sugar more regularly to monitor levels
d. Taking medicine as instructed by your doctor