Dr. Richard Allen Williams Scholarship For Medical Students – DEADLINE AUG. 15!
(Two) $5,000 scholarships will be awarded to recipients in honor of Richard Allen Williams, MD, FACC, FAHA, founder of the ABC. Winners will be announced by September 1, 2017. The scholarship recipients will be featured during the 8th Annual Spirit of the Heart Awards Dinner on October 7, 2017 at CIPRIANI 42nd Street in New York City.
Awards are based upon the following criteria:
- Demonstrated ability, interest, and participation in the promotion of health for the African American community
- Participation in research or other extracurricular activities, demonstrated academic pursuits and clinical acumen
- Proven leadership during his or her academic pursuits
- A one-page statement of interest
- Official medical school transcript
- Recent curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation from a professor at current medical school