Oatmeal is a great morning meal option, but can sometimes take too much time if you want home cooked oats every day and not instant. This recipe will assist you in making one big batch of oatmeal on the stove that you can freeze and easily prepare a fiber-filled, 150 calorie breakfast each day during the week. All you need is some time on a Sunday and a freezer.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 5 hours
8 cups water
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups steel-cut oats
7 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Bring water and salt to a boil. Pour in steel cut oats.
- Stir, and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in the maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Lightly grease 21 sections of two 12-cup muffin tins.
- Pour in the oatmeal.
- Freeze flat for five hours.
- Remove pan from the freezer and allow to thaw for a few minutes.
- Using a butterknife, gently pop the oatmeal “muffins” out of the pan, seal in a freezer bag, and keep frozen.
- When you’re ready to eat, place two to three in a bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
For more food DIY visit KissTheChaos.com and follow me on Instagram: @Ooolala_laa