Let’s face it, adulthood can be stressful. Although stress does not directly cause acne, research has uncovered that acne breakouts are more common when a person is stressed out or anxious.
It seems impossible to eliminate stress from our daily lives, so what can you do about your stress-induced acne? Well, you can buy expensive drug store creams and go to the dermatologist to get costly prescriptions for over-the-counter pills, but this seems far-fetched for those of us who are trying to survive on a budget.
So, here are some home remedies that you can try with things you can find around the house!
1. Baking Soda Exfoliation
- Mix together 2 tbsp. of baking soda with 1 tbsp. of water until it forms a thick liquid.
- Smooth mixture over clean face and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- This is a natural exfoliate that helps to calm acne and oily skin.
2. Oatmeal Mask
- Mix 1 tsp. honey and the juice of half a lemon into a cup of cooked oatmeal.
- Rub mixture onto clean skin.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes and rinse off.
- Oatmeal reduces acne by cleansing pores and absorbing oil.
3. Lemon Juice
- Rub a slice of lemon on affected area and leave on for about 30 minutes and rinse off with water.
- The acidity in lemon helps to clean out pores and eliminate excess oil.
4. Cinnamon & Honey Mask
- Mix together 2 tbsp. of honey with 1 tsp. of cinnamon.
- Apply the mixture onto clean face and leave on for about 10 minutes then rinse off.
- Cinnamon has antimicrobial properties to help stop bacteria and honey is a natural antibiotic.
5. Egg Whites
- Take two eggs and separate the egg whites from the yolk.
- Whisk egg whites until frothy and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Cover face with mixture and let it dry for about 20 minutes and rinse off.
- Egg whites are full of proteins and vitamins that fight off acne and help to rebuild your cells.
Hope these home remedies help! Also, don’t forget that regular sleep and hydration is key for a clear complexion!
Visit the BlackDoctor.org Skin and Beauty center for more helpful articles and tips.
For more great skin tips, visit KissTheChaos.