Dry hair? Dull Hair? Brittle and breaking off all over the place? Using too much Heat, the Wrong Products, and/or Harsh Chemicals are common ways of Destroying your Hair without realizing it.
In addition to being gentler to your hair, getting enough rest and eating healthy foods rich with vitamin E and Omega-3, Black hair often needs some extra attention and lots of love. In particular, Black hair can generally use all the moisture it can get.
You probably already know the general product rules for your best hair: Look for creamy shampoos and conditioners with moisture-maximizing ingredients like shea butter, olive oil and/or jojoba oil. Don’t be afraid of treatment oils and deep conditioners that you can apply one or twice a week for even deeper moisture and repair.
But what hair beautifiers and problem solvers can you find right in your kitchen?
Healthy Home Remedies for Shine Hair
Egg yolk, which contains protein, essential vitamins and fatty acids, is a very popular, inexpensive and easy dry/damaged hair remedy.
1. Instead of (or mixed into) your regular conditioner, massage two beaten egg yolks into your hair.
2. Rinse out and enjoy instant sheen.
#2. Avocado & Egg
The combination of avocado and egg replenishes moisture.
1. Mash an overripe avocado until it looks ready for guacamole.
2. Mix in one beaten egg yolk and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
3. Massage into damp hair, tuck under a shower cap, and leave on for 15 minutes to an hour.
4. Rinse, shampoo and condition as usual.