How Do You Know If You Have Multiple Myeloma?’s “Ask the Expert” series brings the nation’s leading health experts directly to viewers. In this video, Dr. Craig Cole, Hematologist and Assistant Professor at University of Michigan, discusses multiple myeloma.



The first tests are a blood test and a urine test. A blood test to look for the protein that myeloma produces. And so, that test can either be a total blood protein level – which should be elevated in myeloma, or the more specific test is the serum protein electrophoresis, or the S-PEP.